Knowing – Learning – Belonging – Being
Work with us to Discover, Develop and Share Pacific knowledge that will…
- Empower you and enable you to build a successful future for our Pacific learners.
- Support you to develop culturally appropriate pedagogy for engaging our Pacific Learners and their whānau.
O tu, aganu’u, ma agaifanua a le tamaititi o le a le mafaionaulufaleatu I le potuaoga sei vaganauafa’atauaina ma faaulufaleinamuamua I le loto ma le agaga o le faiaoga.
The culture of the child cannot enter the classroom until it has first entered the consciousness of the teacher
In joining us there will be opportunities to:
- Build your cultural intelligence making you a better teacher and leader in engaging Pacific learners and whānau.
- Grow your knowledge about the Pacific languages and cultures, building your confidence and capability to deliver a rich and meaningful curriculum for your Pacific Learners.
- Understand and appropriately apply cultural values and practices that underpin Pacific people’s views and aspirations.
- Expand your curriculum, integrating culturally appropriate practices, experiences and concepts into your curriculum delivery.
- Expand your inclusive education practices, ensuring you support the rights of children in ECE and supporting priority learners.
- Integrate cultural practices and concepts into your health and safety practices
- Integrate cultural practices and concepts into your premises and facilities
- Integrate cultural practices and concepts into your GMA practices
- Develop and build your services Pacific Strategic Plan
To learn more visit www.siapo.co.nz